HAKUSANA LTD. is committed to protecting their clients’ privacy and offers an opportunity to have influence on data handling.
The information we collect can be divided into information given by the user, information gathered from web service usage and information gathered from analytics.
We use the information to:
- Delivering easy-to-use and secure service
- Making customer experience better
- Product placement and improving marketing
- Customer service and web store improvement
Register holder and contacts
Register holder of the processed data is:
OFFICE 32, 19-21 CRAWFORD STREET
LONDON W1H 1PJ
Company number: 11407742
You may ask about data protection and handling of private information by email from:
What information can be gathered about me?
- User given information or personal identification information
- Identification information, such as name
- Social security number for identifying customers when making contracts
- Passport information or similar information required by customs when ordering products or services tax-free outside of Finland
- Contact information such as address, e-mail and phone number
- Payment information including contracts and other billing information
- Location information with the consent of the user, which will be used to estimate delivery times
- E-mail address and certificate used with Google and Facebook logins.
- Information gathered from service use and analytics
- Purchase histories, such as ordered products and their pricing
- Shipping information, such as selected shipping method and address
- Product reviews
- Web store usage and browsing information as well as identifying information of the terminal used
- Product recommendation and other targeted information and identifiers
Giving identifier, contact and payment information is mandatory when buying from HAKUSANA LTD. web store
The main source of the information is user themselves.
What is my personal information used for?
Personal information is used for:
- Maintaining customership
- Delivering, handling and archiving orders
- Improving operations and services of HAKUSANA LTD.
- Improving customer experience
- Analytics and statistics
- Personified content and marketing
- Preventing malpractices
- Offering better customer service
- Information is used for customer relations between the customer and HAKUSANA LTD: contracts, page usage, separate approval of the customer or based on lawful obligations.
How is my information stored and secured?
All personal information is protected from inappropriate access and accidentally or illegally happening data loss, change, release, transfer or other illegal handling.
HAKUSANA LTD. stores customer information on their server in the Netherlands. Server rooms and shop’s systems’ technical and process data protection is at a very high level. The company uses a data protection system according to standard ISO 27001. Servers have been protected against information theft and denial of service attacks.
We use good data protection methods in handling personal information and in technical solutions such as database encryption. Handling of personal information fills all of the demands set in EU GDPR 25.5.2018.
All access to personal information is regulated with good conventions.
Who handles my personal information?
Only employees of HAKUSANA LTD. have the access to personal information and they have been trained to use the information in a safe and ethical manner. Every person in our staff only sees personal information relevant to their work.
We use reliable contract partners when information can be sent to third parties. We have taken in to account that contract partners use EU GDPR and other lawful demands. You can read more about third parties in section “Is my personal information handed to third parties?”
The company responsible for data handling:
OFFICE 32, 19-21 CRAWFORD STREET
LONDON W1H 1PJ
Company number: 11407742
How long is my information stored for?
We only store personal information for the duration needed, so we can fulfill the use mentioned in this policy. Also, some of the information may be stored longer than obligations in the laws, for example for accounting and consumer commerce responsibilities as well as indicating their lawful implementation.
Personal information considering the user may be deleted or made anonymous in HAKUSANA LTD. systems from the user’s request. Deletion and anonymization are irreversible and we cannot restore deleted customer accounts or reward points accumulated in them. Also, own order history is removed in the process.
Legislation has obligations for prolonged data storage for following situations:
- Accounting laws define longer storage times not depending on if the information includes personal information or not.
- Fulfilling responsibilities concerning consumer commerce.
- System logs are gathered and stored in a way that is commanded in the law so that we can offer a lawful and safe website for our customers.
- Taking enough backups from the shop’s databases and keeping system information safe, fixing problems and ensuring data protection as well as ensuring continuity.
What rights do I have?
As a customer your right is:
- Get access to personal information regarding you, including the right to receive a copy of personal information regarding you.
- With certain conditions restricting handling and objecting to handling personal information.
- In addition, if handling is based on a separate consent, you have the right to decline that consent at any time. Please notice that this does not have effect before declining consent for data handling lawfulness.
You may make a request regarding your rights to our customer service. The request needs to be identifiable, so that our customer service can identify you. We will let you know, if we can’t fulfill your request in some parts, such as deleting all your files which have a lawful obligation (such as credit information) or right.
If you find that there is a deficiency in the handling or it it’s against the law, you have a right to make a complaint to the data protection authorities.
How can I ask the stored personal information to be seen?
You may request the personal information stored about you from HAKUSANA LTD. with an email to: email@example.com
How can I affect on using information about me?
HAKUSANA LTD. is pledged to give their customers opportunities in handling information about them.
You may decide about marketing targeted to you, added value services and receive or not receive different marketing messages. The options you can find in account settings. We’re improving our service constantly, so features may be added, changed or removed.
Customer can remove his user account at anytime and request the deletion of their information by contacting HAKUSANA LTD. customer service.
Attention! In some cases, all of the information cannot be deleted and legislation may require to store some of the personal information about the customer.
Is my personal information handed to third parties?
We may hand some necessary information to third parties ensuring deliveries and for marketing. Your information is also delivered to the party regarding credit information when accepting credit.
We use personal information with third parties also for analytics and personalisation. We utilize shopping habits and browsing information with our partners, so we can offer better and more interesting products and offers. Information used in analytics and personalisation is anonymised and pseudonymised always when possible. Only we can connect a pseudonymised information to your name.
When needed we we also hand out information to the authorities. We will inform the customer about these situations, if it permitted under law.
We will provide information to the following third parties:
- Analytics and statistics partners (Google Analytics)
- E-mail marketing partners (MailChimp) if the customer has applied for a newsletter, browsing history based marketing and product review requests.
- To the payment carrier when paying for an order
- The network correspondent will be possibly provided information according to the order in case of maintenance or problem-solving.
HAKUSANA LTD. tends the highest data protection level by EU GDPR when transferring or handling information. Third party level of data protection affirmation is Europe’s commissions model contracts, BCR-deal, EU-US Privacy shield or some other method approved by the GDPR.
Customer may limit handing out information to marketing and analytics purposes. Familiarize yourself with privacy features in account settings.
Functional cookies and local storage is used i.e. identifying the customer, keeping the user logged in, shipping estimates and shopping cart features. Accepting cookies and local storage are essential for these features. Functional cookies and local storage set by the server stay in the browser for 15 min to 24 months if they are not deleted from browser settings. Visiting the webpage sets new cookies and local storage if the browser allows it to.
Information targeted to analytics and marketing is anonymized always when possible. Otherwise, we keep information personal when identifiers contain customer related information such as IP-address. Also, identifiers which have been linked to a customer in any way will be considered as personal information. Information targeted to analytics and marketing will be used for 30s to 24 months.
We use Google Analytics among other things in website usage, popular products, trends and analytics regarding sales. Information sent to Google is anonymized. Read more about Google Analytics data handling.
Other technologies used in analytics and marketing, such as picture point identifiers help us understand user behavior and tells us which products interest our customers as well as which features and services are the most useful for our customers. Identifiers used by our analytics and marketing partners can be declined by activating “Do Not Track” -feature in your browser and set your browser to decline third-party cookies.